• Ensuring greater academic RECOGNITION on the global stage.
• Promoting TRANSFERABILITY of public health education & training.
• Increasing EMPLOYABILITY of public health graduates.
• Attesting the QUALITY of Public Health Workforce training.
- Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation
Programme accreditation covers both Master and Bachelor level programmes of public health.
The titles of such awards varies widely and can include terms such as MPH, BPH, BSc, MSc, health sciences, public health care, public health management or public health epidemiology.
The accreditation process is based upon a "fitness for purpose" approach and monitors the programmes through the use of standards and site visits.
The steps toward programme accreditation include:
The period covered by programme accreditation is 6 years.